Yesterday, I made this for dinner.
It was a HIT.
I used another blogger’s base recipe as a jump off point. While perusing Pinterest some time ago, I saved a link that caught my eye from Julia’s Album. Her recipe looked so good and very easy to prepare. While I love red pepper flakes, I avoided them for the younger palates in the household. But you should feel free to include them if you like!
My recipe has the same flavor profile, with pumped up veggies and I added two types of pesto in place of the sun dried tomatoes. It comes together easily and is a one dish meal. I added garlic bread as a side. You could also add salad, but it isn’t necessary as I filled this ravioli dish with veggies! I also added some sliced chicken sausage to pump up the satiety factor for the omnivores in the family. Here’s what you need:
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
12 Ounces Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove of Elephant Garlic, minced (or 3-4 regular garlic cloves)
3 sliced Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausages, sliced
1 small yellow summer squash, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
3-4 Stalks of fresh broccoletti, chopped (and par-boiled with ravioli)
5 oz. Fresh Baby Spinach
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 -3 Tablespoons Prepared Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
1-2 Tablespoons Prepared Traditional Basil Pesto
15 oz. 4 Cheese Ravioli, cooked al dente
Grated Parmesan, as desired
- In a wide and deep skillet, warm olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Add sliced onion and minced garlic. Cook until onions are transparent and taking on browned edges.
- Add sausages and again, cook until browned.
- Follow with adding sweet red pepper and broccoletti. Cook until softened.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook until wilted.
- Add both pesto types and the ravioli. Stir to combine.
- Top with grated Parmesan, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Then, serve!
Please do try this easy dish. If you do, post your review! Until next time…